Forumotion platform

5 posters

Go down

Forumotion platform Empty Forumotion platform

Post by Vilgefortz Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:44 pm

I am using Forumotion probably for over a decade and they have some pros and cons, of course. For a smaller community forums they are a great choice and they have lots of features developed by users or team. One can choose from phpBB2, phpBB3, PunBB, Invision, ModernBB or AwesomeBB.

Personally, I am all for AwesomeBB, a responsive version fit for modern solutions. No tables used to make anything, all divs.
One of the huge downsides of Forumotion platform is that the database belongs to them and technically, you are in their mercy. You can't move to another platform without losing everything, forum is permanently out there even when you desire to shut it down (it won't be accessible but still in their DB).

Thoughts?
Vilgefortz
Vilgefortz
AdministratorPackage Team LeaderPackage Team

Cash : 698

Back to top Go down

Forumotion platform Empty Re: Forumotion platform

Post by Speaks Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:12 pm

I stopped using Forumotion because I was having issues with the software. Multiple crashes and losing content.
Speaks
Speaks

Cash : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:43 pm

Hello.

I have been using Forumotion since I practically decided to open my forum in 2008 and I can say that it has been the only community (Of the many that I have created over the years), that really took off at the time.

The good times when I saw hundreds of active topics, users and responses between 2010-2012.

I was excited to see so many people interested in my forum, but the sad thing is that in these years no one wants to be in one. They prefer social networks because they are more accessible and faster to read the content and they don't want to go to the trouble of debating. openly about the same thing they saw :/

At least I try not to let social networks be an impediment, because I share the changes that were made, the interesting topics, I send push notifications to those who activated them, etc.

But it also hurts to see that the activity is very scarce.

Last edited by YoshiGM on Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
YoshiGM
YoshiGM

Cash : 143

https://www.yoshifansclub.com/

Vilgefortz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilgefortz Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:49 pm

Speaks wrote:I stopped using Forumotion because I was having issues with the software. Multiple crashes and losing content.
Is that you, Lucy? Very Happy

YoshiGM wrote:Hello.

I have been using Forumotivo since I practically decided to open my forum in 2008 and I can say that it has been the only community (Of the many that I have created over the years), that really took off at the time.

The good times when I saw hundreds of active topics, users and responses between 2010-2012.

I was excited to see so many people interested in my forum, but the sad thing is that in these years no one wants to be in one. They prefer social networks because they are more accessible and faster to read the content and they don't want to go to the trouble of debating. openly about the same thing they saw :/

At least I try not to let social networks be an impediment, because I share the changes that were made, the interesting topics, I send push notifications to those who activated them, etc.

But it also hurts to see that the activity is very scarce.

Yup, that's true. It was a really great time having forum back them, like a golden age of Forumotion forums. For example, this was a Serbian forum for Vampire Diaries tv series who got IDLE and eventually dead: https://thevampdiaries.forumotion.net/

Vilgefortz
Vilgefortz

Speaks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Speaks Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:02 pm

Vilgefortz wrote:
Speaks wrote:I stopped using Forumotion because I was having issues with the software. Multiple crashes and losing content.

Yes it’s me 🤗 the Campfire is back 😉
Speaks
Speaks

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilgefortz Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:03 pm

Speaks wrote:
Vilgefortz wrote:

So glad to see you around. I thought you were gone forever, but luckly world of forums is small. What a Face
Vilgefortz
Vilgefortz

Back to top Go down

Post by Speaks Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:09 pm

Vilgefortz wrote:
Speaks wrote:
Vilgefortz wrote:

So glad to see you around. I thought you were gone forever, but luckly world of forums is small. What a Face

I was just dealing with some personal things but I’m not going to isolate myself anymore it helps to talk things out and I’m in a better place 🙂
Speaks
Speaks

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilgefortz Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:21 pm

Speaks wrote:
Vilgefortz wrote:
Speaks wrote:
Vilgefortz wrote:

I was just dealing with some personal things but I’m not going to isolate myself anymore it helps to talk things out and I’m in a better place 🙂
Let us continue discussion here: https://advertisingforum.forumotion.com/t84-hello-and-goodbye-thread#737
Vilgefortz
Vilgefortz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shortie Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:14 pm

Forumotion is one I see quite often and many people seem to be using it which is great. I have only ever used it as a member and never had any issues and find the forum to run smoothly and be clean-looking.

I may have a look into Forumotion as an admin when I have some time as I am curious.
Shortie
Shortie

Cash : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilgefortz Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:17 pm

Shortie wrote:Forumotion is one I see quite often and many people seem to be using it which is great. I have only ever used it as a member and never had any issues and find the forum to run smoothly and be clean-looking.

I may have a look into Forumotion as an admin when I have some time as I am curious.

CP is super friendly, easy to navigate for beginner stuff. If you want advanced stuff, you need to know how templates operate.
Vilgefortz
Vilgefortz

Back to top Go down

Post by mihai Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:57 am

Hello,

Regarding you reply: you should started making an topic on help forumotion support forum, against this, and you can use always the backup function, or save your progress in notepad(s)!
mihai
mihai
Retired Staff

Cash : 234

https://help.forumgratuit.ro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum